In the Cooperation application, there are three types of records:
- and Settings
Each record is made up of a number of different forms, which together are called the Profile.
- To access Activity Profiles click on Activities
- To access Employee Profiles click on Employees
- To access the Settings click on on the toolbar and select Settings from the drop down
The Settings Profile is made up of a set of forms, each of which detail how you want a specific function within Cooperation to work for your organization. Included here are a number of system wide records which answer questions such as -
- Will you allow overtime if the activity is scheduled but no one is available to work without incurring overtime?
- Will employees be able to switch or trade shifts amongst themselves without intervention or approval required by the system administrator?
- What are the minimum or maximum numbers of hours employees can be scheduled on a single day or in a week?
- If employees are scheduled into different time shifts from one day to the next, what is the minimum number of hours between the end of one shift and the start of the next?
Cooperation uses a formula to weight your preferences for how the system selects employees to be scheduled. You determine how much weight to give each part of the formula.
Settings is also where you record information about where you organization is located and if you have multiple locations where work is done, you would set these up here.
Locations can be useful if you have the same job done in different places in your organization and they need to be scheduled differently. Multiple locations don't have to be at different addresses. For instance, a hospital might want to identify an activity 'Nurse' in a particular ward such as Critical Care as well as an activity such as 'Nurse' in Pediatrics. The parameters provide flexibility so that you will be able to configure Cooperation to fit your organization's requirements.
Employees can access many of the same screens that the Administrator uses, however certain information will only be available under the Administrator access and sometimes the Employee will be able to view the information without being able to modify it.